Sunday, June 3, 2007

Sunday is weekend...?

You would think that Sunday would be a quiet day for students and staff alike. But no, at 9:00 am sharp I parked the van in front of the student houses and found two groups ready to leave to start their well measurements. It was a foggy and rather cold start in Barra but the weather cleared up soon enough. I went with Andreas and Diego to install two staff gauges in smaller rivers in their research area.


Arriving at the field site we found out that we accidently brought a temperature logger, rather than a water level datalogger. My mistake. Fortunately, there was a spare one in the back of the van so we proceeded quickly and installed both loggers. The other members of the group managed to measure 10 wells in the meantime and at 12:30 we were ready and hungry. We went to Restaurant Sesta in Covão de Lobo for lunch.

They serve huge plates with very tasty food at a very decent price and I am planning to go there as often as possible. Pity that I can never finish everything that they put on my plate. I left the group (who was planning to continue working the whole day) after having a great Delta coffee. Back to Aveiro, where Boris told me that the two Dell laptops he used had both crashed and seemed beyond repairs. Think twice before buying Dell, unless you like living on the edge! We'll have to share my last Dell laptop now and I hope that it won't give up on us...

Posted by Maarten Waterloo

No comments: